6 month interim role: global industrial business in Basildon, Essex. Outstanding role for a senior tax person
Your new company
I'm working with a global industrial company in Basildon Essex; they are looking to recruit an interim Senior Tax Manager EMEA for a period of at least 6 months due to their recent divestment from a parent company.
Your new role
The interim Senior Tax Manager EMEA will work closely with the VP of Tax for the new company in the US as well as the finance teams in the UK and the wider EMEA region to assist in setting up tax management and processes for the group.
In addition you will provide corporate tax support for the groups operations and entity/holding structures, including tax planning, M&A (planning, due diligence and integration), tax audit support, supporting the preparation and filing of income tax returns, tax positions in the annual reports, transfer pricing (both the tax effective supply chain management as the related documentation) and coordinating the US tax reporting requirements for holding companies and operating companies.
* Principal tax contact and strategic business partner for the new groups businesses in EMEA.
* Assist in setting up and maintaining tax management and processes, including compliance and reporting. Liaise with the parent company's Corporate Tax department during the transition period.
* Tax-integration, training, direction and supervision of the new groups finance representatives.
* Review of corporate-tax related outputs for the EMEA companies (as appropriate), including the US reporting packages (ASC740, FIN48) and tax payments.
* Involvement in due-diligence reviews, advising on tax-efficient structuring and reviewing related legal documentation.
* Manage relationships and tax audits with the UK tax authorities and other relevant authorities via regular communication and meetings (as appropriate).
* Develop a strong understanding of the new groups businesses and relationships with key contacts.
* Implementation of continuous improvement of tax processes.
What you'll need to succeed
* Tax qualifications (tax law/tax economics), chartered accountant or equivalent strong plus.
* 10+ years' experience with progressive responsibility in tax and accounting, in advisory and as in-house tax functions at a large multi-national/Big 4 accounting firm/large law firm.
* Experience in the tax aspects of acquisitions and divestitures, including post-merger integrations is a strong plus.
* In-depth knowledge of UK taxation, OECD and EU initiatives and European tax law and a good understanding of international tax concepts including transfer pricing.
* Good working knowledge of US/international tax interaction.
* Strong financial accounting skills, ideally with knowledge of rules under US GAAP.
* Ability to work independently and under pressure within strict time constraints.
* Successful working independently and as a member of a team.
* Strong communication skills and a high sense of ownership.
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.