* To be responsible for the quarterly tax reporting process and corporation tax compliance for some of the Group's largest UK reinsurance carriers and other entities.
* To be a key part of the Group's UK tax function in coordinating all corporation tax compliance for the whole Group.
* To be responsible for the VAT compliance for the group
* To advise senior stakeholders on UK VAT matters.
* Manage the VAT and corporation tax compliance process
* Prepare the tax calculation (current and deferred) in the Group's tax system (MTAX) on a quarterly basis as part of the quarter close.
* Support the FRR team with the preparation of the UK financial statements from a tax perspective.
Responsibilities on behalf of the Group:
* Preparation of the quarterly VAT return.
* Support the corporation tax group payment arrangement for the whole UK Group, calculate and manage the payment of QIPs.
* Ensure optimum group relief position across the UK Group and that allowances are properly allocated between UK Group entities.
* Preparation of the PAYE settlement agreement calculation on an annual basis.
* Quality assure tax compliance processes of the UK Group.
* Provide advice to other Finance teams, Group Tax, underwriters and the CFOs/FDs across the UK businesses on tax matters.
* Continually monitor financial and tax related reporting risks.
* Enhance controls to mitigate those financial and tax related reporting risks.
* Coach staff at junior level.
Key skills and experience:
* Sound knowledge of UK corporation tax and / or of UK VAT (ideally with a good understanding of the key issues relevant to insurance companies). Ability to learn any new areas of tax quickly.
* Sound understanding of tax accounting (ideally UK GAAP and IFRS).
* Familiarity with a quarter end reporting process.
* Demonstrated ability to work and communicate with HMRC, overseas tax authorities and tax advisers.
* Ability to manage a group payment arrangement.
* Familiarity with taxes in the re/insurance industry / London market.
* At least 3-4 years of post-qualification experience.
* Ability to work closely with accounting teams.
* Working knowledge of SAP.
Qualifications and educational requirements:
* Recognised tax / accounting qualification (CTA/ICAEW/ICAS/ACCA or equivalent).