Amazon.com seeks a Tax Analyst to be a member of our Global Tax Calculation Services Program. The Global Tax Calculation Services Program is comprised of tax professionals and software engineers that are responsible for providing end-to-end global transaction tax calculation solutions (sales and use taxes, value-added taxes, good and services taxes, and other consumption taxes) to Amazon and thousands of other merchants selling on Amazon marketplaces and other ecommerce platforms.
This position will primarily be responsible for the research and management of indirect tax content for the Global Indirect Tax Calculation Platform. This individual will be responsible for ensuring the tax calculation platform is in compliance with both global and local indirect tax laws, coordinating tax decisions with Tax Planning, Tax Audit, Tax Calculation Services and professional service providers.
Although this position is focused primarily on United States, Canadian, and European transaction taxes, there will be opportunities for broader exposure to other global transaction taxes.
• Developing, supporting, and managing the tax rate and rule content. Including, the global product taxability research for a broad array of products and services.
• Evaluating new business initiatives to determine if/what enhancements need to be made to the tax calculation services platform
• Providing guidance based on the research of transaction tax laws and regulations
• Actively participating in projects throughout their lifecycle – from design through delivery
• Assisting with general tax issues; such as research related to tax calculation and compliance, tax collection responsibilities, and other advanced e-commerce topics
Base pay for this position is 2,191 EUR per month and there are further pay components within the total compensation
A bachelor’s degree is required. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of related transaction tax experience with a broad understanding of both sales and use taxes and value-added taxes. The ideal candidate would also have previous experience of maintaining and operating transaction tax calculation and compliance software solutions.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
This position requires a frequent interactions with various tax teams, the tax software group, and professional service vendors, so any candidate should be able to work well with cross-functional teams.
Additional qualifications include:
• Highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and ability to work independently in a high-pressure environment
• The ability to conceptualize and manage multiple projects
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Able to analyze, and review statutes, regulations, and case law, as well as extract data, and make appropriate recommendations
• Strong bias for action and ability to prioritize