Our client is a multinational banking group based in London. As part of their ongoing strategy they now require an Associate Director, Tax to join their European finance team. As the stand alone tax specialist you will be responsible for all the of the tax affairs of the UK Group.
The role will provide tax expertise within the Bank to enable the finance function to support the business in all tax matters and also to ensure all tax risks are managed effectively and efficiently.
- Lead the periodic review of all transfer pricing related matters including completing functional analysis and reports.
- Ad-hoc projects as required, such as group structure changes or business transfers.
- Business support, including:
o Review any new products
o Develop and maintain documentation as tax law and regulations require
o Other ad hoc projects including research of tax issues for new markets, changes in tax regulations and tax assurance work
o Review and answer business issues for existing products and markets.
o Provide transaction support to the front and middle office functions as required
- Support the CFO concerning tax governance and tax transparency requirements, CBCR, SAO, corporate criminal offence controls and Banking Code of Conduct.
- VAT, management of the PESM, preparation of the quarterly VAT return.
- Manage all aspects of corporation tax compliance and quarterly group tax reporting (production is outsourced).
- ACA/ACCA/CTA or equivalent qualification with Big 4/Top Tier Accounting firm and (preferably) in house banking experience.
- Confident communicator with an ability to form opinions and present recommendations
- Strong working knowlege of UK and International tax with the ability to apply that knowledge effectively in a banking environment.
This role is ideal for a candidate looking for a second industry move with an appetite to gain more responsibility OR a tax advisor with secondment experience and a desire to move in house.