Director Tax Accounting and Compliance
ContourGlobal is a growth platform for acquiring and developing wholesale power generation with long-term contracts diversified across fuel types and geographies. It was founded in 2005 by CEO Joseph Brandt and Reservoir Capital Group. We have developed the highest of operating standards and practices which we ensure are applied globally in all of our projects. Today, we are uniquely positioned to capitalize on market opportunities that rely on operators with best-in-class track records with refurbishment and development expertise.
The position will be responsible for overseeing, designing and improving the domestic and global tax accounting and compliance process. Overall tax responsibilities include, but are not limited to tax accounting, tax filing, European local statutory reporting and tax compliance processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Review and manage consolidated and subsidiary quarterly income tax provisions and deferred tax calculations including related footnote disclosures;
• Lead tax accounting aspects of current and future IFRS accounting changes;
• Assist with management reporting and modelling of the ETR and cash taxes;
• Oversee, prepare and review purchase accounting activities, as needed;
• Assist as needed on acquisition due diligence and integration activities as well as business support initiatives;
• Lead or assist with other special projects and process improvements to identify and implement best practice;
• Communication with external auditors and tax advisors;
What we are looking for
• 12+ years of experience with Big 4 public accounting and or multinational corporate tax department in a public company;
• Experience in tax reporting and leading a compliance process;
• Strong leadership project management, organizational and communication skills;
• Master degree in tax or accounting, tax advisor examination or equivalent;
• This position reports to the Global Tax Director based in Vienna and supervises two senior managers;
• A high-level of intellectual, professional and interpersonal agility and flexibility, combined with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Flexible and open-minded personality and “Hands-on” work mentality
• Well organized and hardworking, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and great team player
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Willing to travel (on average 30% of the time)
For more info on the company visit our website http://www.contourglobal.com/
Please send your application to: email@example.com or click on the Apply Now button.