A role at a global asset manager, working as part of a team of four in London, to provide an efficient and robust tax compliance environment, including the preparation and maintenance of accounting provision information and group tax reporting, both in the UK and to the US parent, as well as responsibility for VAT reporting.
About the business
A leading global asset manager that provides a broad range of actively managed investment strategies and solutions for individual, institutional and corporate clients around the world. With more than 2000 people including over 450 investment professionals based in North America, Europe and Asia, we manage over £400 billion of assets across developed and emerging market equities, fixed income, asset allocation solutions and alternatives. Our priority is the investment success of our clients. We know investors want strong and repeatable risk-adjusted returns and we aim to deliver this through an active and consistent investment approach that is team-based, risk-aware and performance-driven.
* Preparation of accounting provision information for accounting and reporting purposes, and in liaison with the wider finance team ensuring that the tax position is accurately recorded in the accounts.
* Tax compliance, including the preparation of corporation tax computations and returns for all relevant UK entities.
* Facilitating and ensuring that direct and indirect tax compliance, including reporting is maintained for overseas entities of the group. Assisting in the monitoring of the status of offshore operation, including PE issues, and providing explanations and analysis as required.
* Assist with implementation and maintenance of Transfer Pricing arrangements across the group and ensure that the group Transfer Pricing policies are adhered to and that reporting and analysis accurately reflects the underlying business agreements and needs.
* Ensure that all claims and elections are made as appropriate.
* Preparation of VAT returns and related compliance, as well as providing advice and explaining implications of potential decisions as required to the wider business on VAT treatment across the UK, EMEA and Asia.
* Provision and analysis of technical information to the US parent as required.
* Liaison with external auditors as required.
* Qualified tax professional with 3+ year's relevant experience.
* Accounting background, experience of producing tax provisions and statutory disclosures, tax compliance, and providing advice to business leaders.
* Use of One Source, Longview systems beneficial.
* Confidence to communicate effectively and build relationships with colleagues and auditors.
* An interest in developing expertise in all tax related matters applying across the UK and other jurisdictions in which the business operates.