This is a 12 month fixed term contract.
Reporting into the Group VAT Manager, the role would ideally suit someone who is looking to progress their career in VAT. The ability to manage their own time and meet deadlines, along with strong data entry and analytical skills is essential. Experience of UK VAT alongside with a working knowledge of cross-border VAT in Europe is required.
Working closely with everyone at Dyson - from sales and finance, to legal, marketing, RDD and more - our Tax & Treasury team develop critical knowledge of the business, and our future plans. Relying on this understanding, and their deep expertise, to ensure that our tax commitments are met, while managing Dyson's cash liquidity and foreign exchange positions. As custodians of our corporate and legal structure, they also support Dyson operations in territories around the world. And as we grow, this challenge - and the team's need for dynamic people who don't shy away from them - grows with it.
* Preparation and submission of monthly and annual VAT compliance along with associated Intrastat and EC Sales Listings for multiple European territories. The process involves the monthly extraction of data from our ERP and analysis of the data to ensure complete and accurate information is reported.
* Preparation (including review) of VAT Balance Sheet Reconciliations by set deadline.
* Assist in the review and automation of European VAT processes.
* Assist in ensuring readiness for UK HMRC Making tax Digital (MTD) initiative.
* Strong numerical background and advanced Excel skills, including Pivot tables.
* High levels of accuracy and an eye for detail.
* Excellent Communicational Skills.
* Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships.
* Ability to be pro-active and take initiative.
* Experience of working with SAP would be an advantage.
* European cross-border VAT experience.
* Experience of automating processes and systems.