Tax, GES, Business Travel Technology Specialist - Consultant, London
Our client, one of the leading Professional Services firms is looking to hire into their Global Workforce consulting team, which is a key and strategic growth area for the business. You’ll work as part of a multi-discipline team of industry, technology and analytics specialists to provide consulting and managed services to their top tier global client base.
The role of Business Travel Technology Specialist, is to work with clients and Global Workforce project teams in implementing our Global Workforce technology solutions. These solutions are both broad and niche, developed in-house, have to be brought together to work seamlessly for our clients. This role requires a broad range of technical skills and experience.
The role will be London based, however travel may be required for client based projects. Whilst most clients are in London, you may be required to spend time off-site with regional and international clients.
This is a permanent role with a degree of flexibility, our client is happy to discuss agile working where feasible.
• Understand the client, business and end user point of view and work with various teams to ensure the solution delivers to client needs
• Scope, define and outline client specific implementation and execute using Agile methodology
• Partner with various product owners to ensure alignment and integration with other GES technology tools to deliver to client requirements
• From time to time provide bid and product demonstration to client and internal teams
• Drive projects to deliver the right solutions
• Translate client business processes, requirements, issues and needs to formulate client specific solutions
• Strong relationship management skills with senior stakeholders up to Partner level
• Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with expertise in producing organisation-wide communications and liaising with Partners and senior leaders
• Ability to champion initiatives internally and externally
• Experience with project management approaches, tools, and phases of the project lifecycle
• Experience of working with teams in a matrix environment
• Previous experience working for the Big 4 or other large consulting firm is desirable but not essential
• Ability to quickly understand features and inner workings of existing products
• Have a solid background of software development, infrastructure and security
• Experienced technologist (Microsoft stack preferred) - someone who has been a hands on software engineer, BI engineer, solution designer, solution architect, etc.
• Infrastructure and hosting: physical, virtual, and cloud
• Data: wrangling, ETL, BI, analytics, integration
• Development operations including automation in testing and deployment
• Security and privacy in software processes, software development, and hosting
• Technical project management experience gained while working on complex technical projects
• Experience with vendor selection as well as ongoing offshoring and nearshoring operations (both captive and third party)
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Familiarity of software release management